Tocmai am citit acest articol şi mi s-a părut extraordinar ce doză de înţelepciune are-n el. L-am postat pe Facebook, niciun like. O poză tâmpită de pe 9GAG ar fi strâns pe puţin zece. Notez mai jos principalele idei pentru lumea speriată să citească un articol mai lung decât un status pe Facebook:
- Stay away from people who always have a conspiracy theory involving twisted office politics, unfulfilled Machiavellian ambitions, and unspoken agendas.
- If you consistently deliver what the business needs most, and you do it well, it’s impossible not to get promoted.
- Be genuine. Never give advice for your own advantage.
- Listen to understand. Speak to be understood.
- Do the work to prove your idea, or stop talking about it. In the end, only action and execution matter.
- Don’t fear process.
- A person is either passionate or they’re not. People who expect their manager to make their jobs fun and interesting won’t get far.
- Cynics don’t get anything done. Stop talking to people whose first response is always skeptical. They will crush you.
- If it seems easy getting a bunch of great reviews, you’re probably working on the wrong team.
- Do you practice specific skills with repetition and intent? Athletes do drills. Musicians hone difficult passages. What do you do?
- Follow great people. Work for great people.
- Above all else: Integrity. You must be able to trust who you work with and for.
- Spend time with people whether they’ll be “useful” to you someday or not